DORMA provides many door opening solutions for healthcare facilities and include products to ensure a safe and clean environment.
The new Accident and Emergency building in Navarra Hospital has four floors plus a basement. In addition, the rooftop serves as a heliport.
At the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital the DORMA door closers are proving that quality materials and a careful specification will provide best value in practice. In fact, a large number of DORMA TS 83 door closers and BTS 80 floorsprings – originally supplied in 1991 – are still in operation and still meet all Building Regulations and Product Standards more than 20 years later, despite stringent changes in recent years.
The Medical Surgical Clinic (IMQ) in Zorrotzaurre (Bilbao) is the largest private medical center in the Basque Country.
The Medicover hospital which has been built in the Wilanów District in Warsaw is one of the largest hospital investments in the history of private health service in Poland. It is the first private hospital for children and adults in Poland with such an extensive hospitalisation profile and health care meeting the highest international standards. The erection of the Medicover hospital started in July 2007 in Miasteczko Wilanów – a neighbourhood in Warsaw. Medicover invested close to EUR 40 mln in the project and is the first private hospital to offer such a wide range of medical services. The total area of the hospital amounts to almost 16,000 m2.
Increasing the independence of the physically disabled essentially requires a revised planning. A project for barrier-free living, implemented by the German Self-Help Association for the Physically Disabled in Krautheim, Baden-Württemberg, together with Stuttgart architect Bernd Bubeck and DORMA's specialist project consultants, offers a good example of what can be done.
The hospital at ul. Madalińskiego was established in 1953 according to a design by an engineer Władysław Borawski. At first the building was designed as a public outpatient clinic but soon after the commencement of work the need for a modern gynaecological and maternity hospital was deemed more urgent. The gynaecological ward was opened in July 1953 and the maternity ward with a labour unit – half a year later. The hospital used to be a clinical backoffice of the Institute of Mother and Child and later part of Zespół Opieki Zdrowotnej nr 1. (health care centre) and it was already then that the labour ward at ul. Madalińskiego was a crucial element of the Warsaw health care landscape.
J. Mayer H. Architects have demonstrated with great aplomb how, by applying a sophisticated architectural concept and clever material combinations, new spaces can be created within a space in a dentistry centre in Hamburg. The facility designed by the Berlin architectural office and completed at the beginning of 2009 is located in a doctor’s practice in the Hamburg district of St. Georg near the city centre.