A. Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information regarding the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is defined as all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Controller in accordance with article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
dormakaba International Holding GmbH
DORMA Platz 1
58256 Ennepetal, Germany
Our data protection officer can be contacted at email@example.com or using our postal address and adding "The data protection officer".
(3) When contacting us by e-mail or using a contact form, the data you supply (your e-mail address, your name and phone number if necessary) are stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data gathered in this regard once storage of such data is no longer required, or limit processing of such data should statutory storage obligations apply.
(4) Should we require contracted providers to carry out individual functions of our offering or should we like to use your data for commercial purposes, we shall inform you in detail of the respective actions. In doing so, we shall also inform you of the defined criteria regarding duration of storage.
B. Your rights
You have the following rights vis-à-vis ourselves with regard to your personal data:
C. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using our website for purely informational purposes, i.e. without registering or otherwise submitting information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data that we require from a technical point of view to display our website to you and guarantee stability and security (the legal basis here is article 6(1) sentence 1, lit. f GDPR):
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, when using our website, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard drive by the web browser you are using, enabling certain information to be collected by the website owner who sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses onto your computer. They are designed to make the internet service as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which shall be described below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID with which the various requests from your browser are assigned to the session as a whole. This means your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified length of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your needs and decline acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. We advise you that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser but by your Flash Plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your terminal. These objects store the data required independently of your browser used and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you have to install a corresponding add-on. The use of HTML5 storage objects may impede you as they use private mode in your browser. We also recommend manually deleting your cookies and browser history regularly.
f) This website uses etracker Analytics, a web analysis service of etracker GmbH ("etracker").
D. etracker Analytics
(1) The provider of this website uses the services of etracker GmbH, Hamburg, Germany (www.etracker.com) to analyse usage data. Here, cookies are used which enable the statistical analysis of the use of this website by its visitors as well as the display of usage-relevant content or advertising. Cookies are small text files that are stored by the Internet browser on the user's device. etracker cookies do not contain any information that could identify a user.
(2) The data generated with etracker is processed and stored by etracker solely in Germany by commission of the provider of this website and is thus subject to strict German and European data protection laws and standards.In this regard, etracker was checked, certified and awarded with the ePrivacyseal data protection seal of approval.
(3) The data is processed on the legal basis of Art. 6 Section 1 lit f (legitimate interest) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is the optimization of our online offer and our website. As the privacy of our visitors is very important to us, etracker anonymizes the IP address as early as possible and converts login or device IDs into a unique key with which, however,no connection to any specific person can be made with. etracker does not use it for any other purpose, combine it with other data or pass it on to third parties.
(4) You can object to the outlined data processing at any time provided it is related to your person. Your objection has no detrimental consequences for you.
E. Privacy statement for dormakaba newsletter
(1) With your consent you may subscribe to our newsletter in which we inform you about our current offers that may be of interest. The advertised goods and services are mentioned in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the double opt-in procedure when you register for our newsletter. This means that after your registration we send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided in which we ask you for confirmation that you would like to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and then deleted automatically after one month. We also store your IP addresses and the times of your registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to verify your registration and to discover any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory information required to send the newsletter is your e-mail address. Provision of further data shown separately is voluntary and is used to address you personally. After your confirmation we store your e-mail address in order to send a newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) s. 1 a GDPR.
(4) You may revoke your consent at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You may revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter or by using the above contact details to send a message.
(5) We draw your attention to the fact that we evaluate your user behaviour when the newsletter is sent. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels which represent single-pixel image files stored on our website. For these evaluations we link the data mentioned in (3) and the web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID.
Links in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. In this process we make a record of when you read our newsletters, which links in them you click on, and then draw conclusions about your personal interests. We link this data with your actions on our website.
You may object to tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in every e-mail or by informing us via any other communication channel. The information will be stored as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. After you unsubscribe, we will only store the data in a statistical and anonymous form.
Furthermore, such tracking is not possible if you have disabled the display of images in the default settings in your e-mail application. In this case the newsletter will not be fully displayed and you may not be able to use all the functions. If you choose to display the images manually, the above-mentioned tracking will take place.