The majority of the information provided by DORMA on the www.dorma.com/us/ website is available without DORMA collecting any Personally Identifiable Information from you and you can review almost the entire www.dorma.com/us/ website without disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information. However, DORMA does collect Personally Identifiable Information that you may voluntarily provide to us. Some examples of times when DORMA collects Personally Identifiable Information include when you:
You have a choice as to whether to provide DORMA with any Personally Identifiable Information. Although you are not required to disclose any Personally Identifiable Information to us, portions of the www.dorma.com/us/ website may not be available to you without your providing this information.
Due to the business-oriented nature of our business and the www.dorma.com/us/ website, the www.dorma.com/us/ website is not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly request or receive any information from children.
DORMA uses any Personally Identifiable Information you provide in a limited number of ways. We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to (i) provide you with information about DORMA and its products and employment opportunities with DORMA, (ii) enhance or update the www.dorma.com/us/ website; (iii) review your account to determine whether other DORMA products may be of interest to you; (iv) conduct a transaction that you have requested; and (v) compile demographic statistics about our users. We may also on occasion combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from other parties to enhance our ability to market to you those products that may be of interest to you.
In addition, DORMA may hire other companies to perform services on our behalf such as operating certain aspects of the www.dorma.com/us/ website or sending you email. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your Personally Identifiable Information for the sole purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. DORMA may also use third-party ad servers or ad networks to deliver ads to you on DORMA’s behalf. These third-party ad servers may be supplied with or have access to your Personally Identifiable Information for the sole purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. They also may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to the www.dorma.com/us/ website in order to send advertisements that may be of interest to you.
Though we will make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose Personally Identifiable Information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that the action is necessary to comply with a pending judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on DORMA or to protect our rights or the rights of others, to fight fraud, identity theft, to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, or to protect the rights, property or safety of DORMA, its employees, members or others.
In arranging to have marketing and promotional information of third party companies that we think might be of interest to you, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to nonaffiliated third parties not controlled by DORMA. If you do not want to us to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third party companies, simply send us an email at email@example.com as described in the section below on Accessing and Updating Information.
On an aggregate basis only, we collect comprehensive demographic, business information and data, and other non-identifying information about users of the www.dorma.com/us/ website. DORMA will never disclose any Personally Identifiable Information as part of this aggregate information but we may lend, sell, share or otherwise disclose aggregate information with others so we can perform research and provide the results to third parties, enhance and market the www.dorma.com/us/ website, and conduct accounting and process record keeping functions.
We may include links to other websites that we think will be of interest to you or operated by our business partners, affiliates, advertisers, and others. These third parties have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, and DORMA cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. Please contact those third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
Additionally, we may use IP address information to count and track aggregate visits to www.dorma.com/us/ website, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the www.dorma.com/us/ website. DORMA does not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable so while a particular user’s session can be tracked, the user remains completely anonymous.
DORMA does not currently have an online method for users to delete their Personally Identifiable Information contained in our database. However, you may change or update the Personally Identifiable Information we have collected, request that we delete it, or request that we change how we use it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your instructions.
This Website has industry-standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, and we make good faith efforts to store your personal information in a secure operating environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If DORMA provides you with a user name and password to access other portions of the www.dorma.com/us/ website, DORMA disclaims any responsibility for a breach of privacy as a result of your willingly or inadvertently disclosing your user name and password to others.
DORMA USA, Inc.
Dorma Drive, Drawer AC
Reamstown, PA 17567-0411
Attention: Privacy Manager
Or by e-mail at: email@example.com
A. Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information regarding the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is defined as all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Controller in accordance with article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
dormakaba International Holding GmbH
DORMA Platz 1
58256 Ennepetal, Germany
Our data protection officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our postal address and adding "The data protection officer".
(3) When contacting us by e-mail or using a contact form, the data you supply (your e-mail address, your name and phone number if necessary) are stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data gathered in this regard once storage of such data is no longer required, or limit processing of such data should statutory storage obligations apply.
(4) Should we require contracted providers to carry out individual functions of our offering or should we like to use your data for commercial purposes, we shall inform you in detail of the respective actions. In doing so, we shall also inform you of the defined criteria regarding duration of storage.
B. Your rights
You have the following rights vis-à-vis ourselves with regard to your personal data:
C. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using our website for purely informational purposes, i.e. without registering or otherwise submitting information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data that we require from a technical point of view to display our website to you and guarantee stability and security (the legal basis here is article 6(1) sentence 1, lit. f GDPR):
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, when using our website, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard drive by the web browser you are using, enabling certain information to be collected by the website owner who sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses onto your computer. They are designed to make the internet service as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which shall be described below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID with which the various requests from your browser are assigned to the session as a whole. This means your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified length of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your needs and decline acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. We advise you that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser but by your Flash Plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your terminal. These objects store the data required independently of your browser used and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you have to install a corresponding add-on. The use of HTML5 storage objects may impede you as they use private mode in your browser. We also recommend manually deleting your cookies and browser history regularly.
f) This website uses etracker Analytics, a web analysis service of etracker GmbH ("etracker"), and Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google").
D. etracker Analytics
(1) The provider of this website uses the services of etracker GmbH, Hamburg, Germany (www.etracker.com) to analyse usage data. Here, cookies are used which enable the statistical analysis of the use of this website by its visitors as well as the display of usage-relevant content or advertising. Cookies are small text files that are stored by the Internet browser on the user's device. etracker cookies do not contain any information that could identify a user.
(2) The data generated with etracker is processed and stored by etracker solely in Germany by commission of the provider of this website and is thus subject to strict German and European data protection laws and standards.In this regard, etracker was checked, certified and awarded with the ePrivacyseal data protection seal of approval.
(3) The data is processed on the legal basis of Art. 6 Section 1 lit f (legitimate interest) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is the optimization of our online offer and our website. As the privacy of our visitors is very important to us, etracker anonymizes the IP address as early as possible and converts login or device IDs into a unique key with which, however,no connection to any specific person can be made with. etracker does not use it for any other purpose, combine it with other data or pass it on to third parties.
(4) You can object to the outlined data processing at any time provided it is related to your person. Your objection has no detrimental consequences for you.
E. Google Analytics
(1) Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and enable analyses to be carried out regarding your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened in advance by Google, however, within Member States of the European Union or in other Contracting States to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google shall use this information to analyze your use of the website to compile reports on website activity and perform further services associated with website usage and internet usage for the website operator.
(2) You can prevent cookies being stored by selecting the corresponding setting in your browser software; we advise, however, that you may not be able to use the functionality of this website to its fullest extent in this case. You may also prevent the gathering of data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(3) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". Here, IP addresses are further processed in shortened form meaning individual identification of the user is not possible. Should the data gathered about you enable identification, this will be immediately precluded and the personal data immediately deleted.
(4) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve use of our website. Using the statistics obtained, we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for use of Google Analytics is article 6(1) sentence 1, lit. f GDPR.
(5) Third-party provider information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html, overview of data protection: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en, and data privacy statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en.